Tuesday 5 July 2016

Different ways to use the Simply Creative albums by Trimcraft

 I've been using pages from my new Simply Creative albums in several different ways since I got them so I thought I'd share a few ideas.
The albums are available in 8x8 and 12 x 12 and the gold foiled patterns on the covers together with the superb quality of the pages make them suitable for many kinds of projects.

1. I have used the Trimcraft Wedding dies with gold Mirror card to decorate the front of an 8x8 album to create a wedding guest book which can be used at a wedding reception for guests to write little messages to the bride and groom/


 In the Wedding Guest book I attached die cut hearts from the Wedding die set and the new Hearts dies in white card with Dovecraft gold glitter glue around the edges. I've added "confetti" hearts made with the same Hearts die set. Guests can write little messages on the white hearts. You can decorate a many pages as you need like this.


ALBUM/FOLIO
2.  I've used the new Santoro Mirabelle collection to embellish the pages of another album to add photos and notes. 
The pages are ideal for creating this type of album/folio. I have scored and folded the page on the right to create a pocket.

 I've used the Trimcraft Bird dies on the music paper.



 The keys and border were made with Dovecraft dies.

  I used some of the A4 Glitter Decoupage paper to decorate the inserts.

The inserts have Santoro A4 Glitter Decoupage images and Nature die cuts on them,

 I used a Glitter Frame on the right hand insert and added Glitter Dots and buttons to the pocket on the right.


SCRAPBOOK
 Another way to use the albums is for scrapbooking. I've used 8x8 again here but the 12 x 12 is also perfect for this.

 The photo is of a wheat field in Cambridge so I used the gate from the Farmyard die set along with flowers and butterfly from the Nature dies. I've perched two little Bird die cuts on the gate.

The flowers and leaves are from the Nature die set

There are many other ways to use these albums eg for art journalling etc so why not give them a try. I'm sure you'll love the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth