Wednesday 18 May 2016

How to extend the Classic Quaterfoil Patterned Panel die size - Tonic Studios


Hi, I love using my dies etc to embellish scrapbook pages as well as cards. I wanted to show how you can use some of the new Tonic Studios Patterned Panel dies to create even larger die cuts. For this scrapbook page I've used  the Classic Quaterfoil die to create a patterned panel on an A4 piece of white card. You can see the steps in more detail below. I hope you will give this a try :)

To make the actual large die cut all I needed was an A4 piece of white card, Classic Quaterfoil die and a die cutting machine.
However, on the whole page I have used several other beautiful dies - Woodland Aster
Sweet MeliaTwisting VerandaElegant ColumnsBest FriendsSomeone Special and Fae Trellis.
                       The paper I have chosen for this page is Trimcraft's Botanical Notes.





How to extend the die:
1. Place your Classic Quaterfoil inner die on the white card and tape in position as shown above. Pass through the die cutting machine.

2. Remove the die.

3. Line up the pattern on the die with the pattern on the die cut card. You will feel it gently "slot" into place. Carefully tape in position. I have used tape in the four corners this time to ensure that it does not move at all. Pass through the machine.

4. Close up

5. Remove the die.

6. Line up the pattern with the die at the bottom left this time and carefully tape in position. Pass through the die cutting machine.

7. Remove the die.

 8.  Line up the pattern with the die at the bottom right this time and carefully tape in position. Pass through the die cutting machine.

9. Remove the die and you will have a large die cut pattern  - you can extend this even further to the edge of the page but this is the size I wanted for my scrapbook page.

10. I wanted quite a subtle and distressed look so I  snipped away little pieces of the die cut and inked the edges with a Versamark Old Rose ink pad.
I then added several little spots of Funky Glue to the edges and centre of the die cut before securing it to the page. 




1 comment:

  1. Super tip - thanks for sharing that....lovely photo of Best Friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth