Wednesday 4 February 2015

Inky Lovebirds


I thought I'd share this inky card and topper which I've just made for Saturday's demo at Fieldmaster.

I've used the Dovecraft Premium Pigment Ink Pads in Hot Pink, Berry Purple and Deep Blue for the backgrounds and stamped the Dovecraft Lovebirds stamp and LOVE greeting on top, added a little Glitter Glue and some Jet Black ink around the edges.
Then I added a few flowers which I made with the Trimcraft First Editions Flower dies from black glitter card. The card base is a Dovecraft Polka Dot 5x7 card.
I usually add lots more detail to my cards and was tempted to do that with this one but decided it had much more impact the way it is.


This topper will probably be added to a card soon .
I inked with the same colours onto a piece of plain white card, then diecut two large Trimcraft Flower dies and used the "negative" over the top of the inked piece. Then I cut 4 small flowers fro the left over inky card and added on top.
I added the black lines and dots to give a little definition.


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth