Tuesday 27 August 2013

Mixing it up...


I don't often have time now just to make a card "for the fun of it" but this is one  - and has come together in stages in between lots of other things.
Firstly, I thought I'd have a go at designing a shape to cut out on the Silhouette...don't look too closely, it's not perfect but I'm happy with it for my first attempt :). I'm probably crazy for sharing this beginner Silhouette stuff but I reckon there are other novices out there and some folk who might be interested because they are thinking of buying one ..

These are the 2 outer shapes cut from cream hammered card and kraft card (both form Papermill Direct).

Then I took out the inner shape and embossed it with Swiss Dots embossing folder before replacing it in the centre.

All the rest of the detail on the card was created with Tonic Studios punches.
I used the Delicate Lattice border punch for the bottom border, the Multi Detail butterfly at the top right and flowers made with the Punch and Stamp sets ( 701e and 702e) in the centre.
The beautiful floral paper is from the Tonic Birds on a Branch paper pad

6 comments:

  1. So pretty and very delicate looking Ruth, love the flowers too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Ruth, I have a Cameo. ..very addictive !! For a first attempt these is brilliant ! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really beautiful! Love the flowers and your cut out shape. Gorgeous card!
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, I think this terrific. Great design and I like how you embossed the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful ruth.really delicate design and pretty colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth