Monday 17 September 2012

Country style


I suppose you've noticed by now that I'm a real fan of gingham. It has a lovely country cottage feel to it, especially when it's teamed with spots. This is one of the cards which I made a few weeks ago for Create and Craft to show off some Tonic Studios products. The stamp is the main Chrysanthemum  image from the Pick of the Bunch range and I've rounded the corners of the rectangle with the Duo Corner Punch. I then used the 1.5 cm Ribbon punch with red gingham ribbon threaded through it. The card blank and layers were all cut with my 12" Maxi guillotine. I added faux stitching around the edges to add to the country feel.
The finished card makes me think of a jug of Chrysanthemums in a country style kitchen with gingham curtains and a spotty tea cosy......time to put the kettle on, I think ;)

10 comments:

  1. Love this one, so fresh! Agree the gingham really adds to the theme of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Ruth. Your image is gorgeous and your choice of papers sets it off perfectly

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red and white colour combo and fab laced ribbon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful Ruth. I too love a bit of gingham. Been having a play with this image myself. Hopefully will post it before the end of the week

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning ruth.gorgeous flower and i love the gingham and red ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the colours and the faux stitching looks fabulous as does the threaded gingham ribbon. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so neat and the image is beautiful.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely and cheerful card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Ruth....really love the layout and your amazing colouring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth