Saturday 6 August 2011

Crafty Calendar Challenge for August


I think you might need your sunglasses for this one!
The theme this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges is HOT COLOURS so I dug out my Dovecraft Kate Knight Wild Blossoms papers and some matching ribbon.
The image is Cosmos from A Passion for Stamps and I have used this for lots of cards but usually colour it in varying shades of pink/purple but I think it looks well in orange too.
I used Promarkers..Orange, Red and then had to colour the stems in with my Whispers Brush strokes. Since I finished the card I have bought some new Promarker fine nibs that will be great for adding finer detail to my floral images.

The corner dies from Cuttlebug have been given the glitter treatment to make them stand out from the white background and the corner punch used was Martha Stewart String Lace. (If you haven't seen it yet, you can have a little look HERE to see how I made a little birdcage using this punch set.)

Challenges
StampSomething...August digi day

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic card Ruth, I love all your cards. You are one very talented lady. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Ruth,its absolutely beautiful,fab colours.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Ruth!! The colours are fabulous and look so perfect with your image. Just gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card ruth.the hot bright colours are stunning and gorgeous image and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful Ruth....really love your colouring and the orange is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your cards Ruth, So lovely and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card. love the colours you've used and the corner dies.
    kathleen mc x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth