Monday 4 April 2011

Easter



I bought a big pack of Papermania 12 x 12 paper at half price a while ago and was just having a look through it last night and thought the pale aqua and lemon would make a lovely Easter card - so here it is!
The sentiment is computer generated and really is the true meaning of Easter. I've used Rose Topiary, another of my digis available from A Passion for Stamps and coloured it with Promarkers and added a little glitter to the berries. Then I got a little bit carried away with a box of punches and die cuts!
I love these colours together. Below is the verse which I printed for the inside, mounted on Nellie Snellen die cuts,

 Challenges
Cupcake Inspirations.. ( I chose the aqua)
Paper Sundaes ..spring blossoms
Stamp Something... April digi day
Pals Paper Arts,,punches

A few weeks ago I was given a card which I had made when I was 9 years old (that's 38 years ago!!)for my Sunday School teacher who had had a heartattack. I had no idea the card was kept and didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw it!! Oh well, at least they say "it's the thought that counts!"



16 comments:

  1. Stunning Easter card Ruth, such perfect colours and I love the pretty image and verse! Wow, I can't believe your card was given to you after all this time, it's so sweet! :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Ruth...the image and colours are fabulous and your first card is soooo sweet.. what a fabulous surprise for you!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Easter card, as you say it's the true message, love the die cuts etc too

    Shows that talent had started even back then, good card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and perfect verse for an Easter card. Your card you created when you were 9yo just shows how much appreciated handmade cards are. To be kept all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card ruth.i love the soft colours and fab image.
    the card you made as a child is brilliant :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card to share with us from when you were 9! I see the talent started really early in your career. :) It must have warmed your heart that it was still cherished over all these years! Your 'current' card is just beautiful. All the delicate details are so perfect, I love your lined frame after running it through the cuttlebug. Thank you so much for joining in on our Easter theme challenge this week at The Pink Elephant!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Ruth - love the colours together. And I love your get well card - it has everything required - fruit, flowers and a sentiment. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful surprise to get the card ...and that they have saved the card for so long.

    Your Easter card is fabulous with the great verse.

    Love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful! How sweet to get your card back!!! That card was just as beautiful. I'll bet you had the biggest smile!!! Thanks for playing at the PPA!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO soft and pretty! It has the perfect spring feel!
    Your old card looks very good for a 9yo - see, they liked it so much that they kept it all this time!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs!
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card. I love the colours. You were even a budding cardmakers all those years ago. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Great details! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card! Love the shades of blue! Thank you for playing along with CIC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a really lovely card!! Love all the extras you've added. So glad you could join us at CIC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! Love the embossing and soft colors! Thanks so much for joining us st the Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth