Friday 6 August 2010

Sailing by..........



Hi there! Today's card is my DT creation for Crafty Calendar Challenges where this month the challenge is to follow a sketch with the added option of the theme "around the world"
I must admit that I was quite stumped and lost for ideas until I came up with the idea of sailing and so I drew a little boat. It's now one of my digi images and is available from A Passion for Stamps.
I'm on a bit of a roll with experimenting with my punches at the moment so I used my Woodware swirl punch on some blue paper ,then used the negatives for waves. I've made a little tutorial on how I did this along with a few other ideas using the same punch which you can see HERE
The image has been coloured with Promarkers and the little life belt has been made using circle punches and string.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Georgia for running the challenge up until now with and for all her hard work and motivation. She is handing over the reins to Lisa and I wish them both all the very best!

I am entering this card into the Totally Papercrafts Challenge  where the theme this week is BY THE SEA
Cute Card Thursday ...Whateva!
ABC ....A is for August

My apologies for posting this a couple of hours early this time but I'm on holiday and don't have easy access to the internet at the mo! I thought it was better a little early than late!

 I'd like to tell you about a great little craft shop I found on my travels....but I have to go in a hurry now so I'll tell you all about it in my next post! See you then..

11 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic card....that sailing boat is adorable and I love the waves. So eye catching. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card ruth.the boat is brilliant and i love how you have done the waves.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth
    gorgeous card, luv the embossing, and the waves, fab image,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the waves and thanks for the tutorial. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Ruth, love the border ! Thanks for joining us at ABC challenge. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ruth ohh love this fresh look fab image & the punched wave detail is great.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Ruth, I love the waves especially! Really like the cool fresh colours as well. Fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ruth
    Fabulous card hun, love the swimming ring, a great embellie
    Thanks for joining us on Totally Papercratfs this week
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card - love the sea effect and the embossed background

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is adorable!

    Thank you for joining us at CCT!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fabulous DT card Ruth! I love your boat image and the embossing and waves look great, perfect for the 'Around the World' theme! :) Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth