Sunday 15 November 2009

Four Challenge Card


It seems like ages since I made and posted a card on my blog.The last two cards were DT cards and were actually made quite a while ago.I have been suffering with a wisdom tooth and haven't really been able to think straight never mind make cards!
To cut a long story short,my new dentist thought he could remove a bottom wisdom tooth but after 7 injections and lots of digging around the tooth broke and the root was left inside.I was sent home like that and had to wait in agony for 9 days to have sedation before having the gum slit and the rest removed. So the past few weeks have been spent in a haze of pain and painkillers.Now that it's been removed and the gum stitched up I feel so much better,at last!!
Sorry to everyone whom I "tried " to smile at yesterday at the King's Hall.Now you know why it looked half hearted! It was great to meet up with Martine and Mina again even though I couldn't talk much!!

Well onto the card...It's a 4 challenge card this time,for Basic Grey (glitz and bling), Sketch Saturday and Allsorts (for a child) and Cute Card Thursday ( Glitter me silly)

The gorgeous image was sent to me by my lovely friend, Tara and the Basic Grey tartan paper was sent to me by another lovely friend Martine.
The snowflakes were made by one of the new punches I bought at the King's Hall Craft Fair yesterday and the snow at the top was made using a pair of decorative scissors and glitter.
I hope I'll be making more cards soon and also looking at all your creations too!

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Ruth, I love the tartan paper. Poor you, your tooth sounds very painful - glad to hear its all sorted now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Ruth hun all that trouble for a wisdom tooth thats no good to you.. could do with a few myself..LOL..love the card & so nice to hear you met up with some bloggers you can now put a face too.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're on the mend at last Ruth and that they managed to get the rest of the tooth out...... bet your smile was a bit wonky yesterday, hee hee!
    This is a stunning card and the image looks fab against that gorgeous paper! I might just pinch your idea for creating a snowy edge with decorated scissors..... how brilliant!!
    Big hugs, Tara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Ruth. Love the image and the tartan paper.Glad to hear you are feeling better now.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card. So great to see you blogging again. What an ordeal you had to go through....definetly hope that your mouth is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Ruth.

    That all sounds awful.

    But your card for a child is brilliant.

    I love your cute image and your gorgeous backing paper.

    Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Ruth thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday hun with your wonderfull card, wow just love the little hedgehog.....Hugs Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really felt for you Ruth...was brilliant to see you again sorry we didnt get time for a proper chat though...love this stunning christmas card...great image
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ruth, Gorgeous card! I just love the tartan paper and such a cute image.

    Sorry to hear you have been suffering but glad it's sorted now.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ruth, Glad your feeling better. I love your card, the tartan is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor you it sounds like you have had a terrible time!
    But you would never know from your card its so lovely

    thanks for playing at Allsorts
    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous Ruth!
    I love the tartan paper and the
    little Penny Black image is sooo
    cute! I'm glad to hear you're on
    the mend now - I'm so squeamish
    about stuff like that, I wouldn't
    have been able to bear it, lol! :)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruth,
    I have enjoyed discovering your blog and have nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award!
    You can find out all about it by visiting my blog www.cardsbyrequest.blogspot.com
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth, how cute! Love your cute card! That plaid paper looks terrific! Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  15. an outstanding card. I love the papers and image. Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth