Friday 16 October 2009

Basic Grey Guest design team challenge card


I've had a strange kind of week at work..I've met some really lovely people and some not so lovely and I'm really glad it's the weekend. Not to mention the fact that I took time off to visit the dentist only to find that she was off work and no one told me.It's the third time it's happened and on the only occasion that I was late for an appointment I had to pay a fine before I could make another appointment.No justice,is there?
Well ,here I am back with my second card for the Basic Grey challenge as a guest designer. This time we had a colour combo to work with...red,green and blue.
I've used mainly red and green with the edges of the image shaded in blue and there's also a little blue in the DP.
The paper is,of course,Basic Grey and is from the Boxer range.I've teamed it with plain green which I got from the PaperMill
The image is "Morning Glory" and is from my own stamp range A Passion for Stamps which you can see in the sidebar.
I think the gorgeous gingham ribbon adds a cottagey feel to the card.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh Ruth just love this colour combo gorgeous image & colouring...your right about the ribbon very clean fresh looking ..

    Hugs Christine xx
    ps. about you having to pay for missed app. at dentist rules have changed am sure they cant charge NOW for missed app. I would look for another Dentist hard to find I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 very gorgeous cards, I agree with Christine - find another dentist and read up the government official site about dentist charges. It is very wrong for them to charge you for being late, when they constantly inconveniencing you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't talk to me about Dentists, I had enough of them this week and ended up crying in the waiting room !! They didn't charge me !!!

    Your card is stunning Ruth, just love your image and your colouring is gorgeous too.

    Hope you have a better week next week.

    Hugs,

    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your card really blew me away Ruth! I think this is my fave of your stamps and you've done such a wonderful job....... oh and you're so right about the ribbon, very cottage like!
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just stunning Ruth....wonderful papers and colours. Tara's card is wonderful also and I really like those little tickets she uses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Ruth